agosto 23, 2016 In Recipes
Peruvian Causa (Layered Potato and Tuna Salad).
4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds Yellow (Yukin gold) potatoes
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup Lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Ají Amarillo (chile pasta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 190 g Olive Oil Tuna or Tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chive
- 1 tablespoon sweet corn
- 6 olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Red Onion
- Small fresh cheese cubes
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold wáter. Bring to a boil and cook them until they are tender and cooked through.
- Drain, set aside to cool enough to handle, peel them
- Putt he potatoes through a ricer or mash with a potatoe masher until smoth. Stir in the oil, pepper paste or siracha, lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a casserole dish, baking pan or a cylinder with plastic wrap, pressing it down to fit the dish.
- Spread half the potatoes into the bottom of the dish and smooth out. Spread the Ventresca filling evenly over the potato fit the dishes. Spread the remaining potatoes evenly over the filling. Press down gently to firm up your Causa. Cover and chill throughly.
- Lay a serving platter upside-down over the top of the causa dish. Using both hands, flip the dish and platter over, letting the causa fall onto the platter. Remove and discard the plastic wrap.
- Garnish the casusa with quarters of hard boiled eggs, olives, sweet corn, fine chopped red onions, cheese cubes and cilanter.